To become a leader in education and research areas among our national engineering departments and become a well-known computer engineering department at the international arena.
Our mission is to produce leading knowledge with original research in the area of Computer Engineering/Science and, to offer high-quality engineering education at world standards to graduate students well-equipped in the areas of Computer Engineering and Information-Communication Technologies.
Aim of the Department
The main objective of Computer Engineering is to provide a high-quality education for the students the following abilities: Our graduated students possess advanced level theoretical and practical knowledge to interpret and evaluate data. They can define and analyze problems develop solutions based on research and proofs by using acquired advanced knowledge and skills within the field. Moreover, they can conduct studies at an advanced level in the field both as a team member. They continuously update their knowledge, by using at least one foreign language, since they have a positive attitude towards lifelong learning. They organize and implement project and activities for the social environment with a sense of social responsibility. They possess sufficient consciousness about the issues of the universality of social rights, social justice, quality, cultural values and also, environmental protection, worker's health and security.
Target of the Department
Computer Engineering education provides students to the capability to model and solve real world techinal problems with computational approaches. Mathematical thinking ability helps them to analyze engineering problems in an efficient manner. Our graduates can work in all fields related to computer aided automation.
Program Educational Objectives
According to the mission of Computer Engineering program, the following program educational objectives are career and professional accomplishments that our expected to be achieved by our graduates within a few years of their graduation:
1. Apply disciplinary reasoning, critical thinking, and hands-on skills to identify, analyze and solve problems
2. Communicate effectively in both oral and written form to articulate technical knowledge, ideas, and proposals
3. Consider professional, ethical and social responsibility of engineering technology practices
4. Perform effectively, think independently and work collaboratively in a team enviroment in a membership or leadership role
5. Actively participate in professional development, including continuous self-improvement and lifelong learning